We recently sent out a survey to all parents about Active Schools. We wanted to share some of the results of the survey with everyone.
- 95% of parents said their child enjoys P.E. in school.
- The majority of parents felt positively about P.E. with 31% saying it’s important for children to be getting regular exercise and 24% saying it’s excellent.
- According to parents the most popular areas of P.E. are soccer, games and being outdoors. 16% of parents say their child enjoys all areas of P.E.
- According to parents the least popular areas of P.E. are Gymnastics, Dance and Soccer.
- When asked for ways in which we could improve P.E in our school 35% of parents said that it was good as it is and couldn’t be improved. A lot of parents suggested more time for P.E., P.E. on more days each week, and letting children choose the activities.
- 49% of parents said that their child takes part in a sporting activity after or outside of school with Gaelic Football, Soccer and Martial Arts being the most popular.
- 70% of parents said their child gets the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
- 75% of parents were aware that our school was a holder of the Active School Flag.