We recently surveyed all pupils about Active Schools. We wanted to share some of the results of the survey with everyone.
- 98% of students like P.E. in school with 50% saying the reason they like it is because it’s fun.
- 93% of students think they are good at P.E.
- Games was the favourite strand with 44% of students.
- Athletics was the least mentioned strand.
- 90% of students like when coaches come to school to teach sports with learning new sports, improving at sports and learning new skills as the most popular reasons why.
- When asked how could P.E. be better the most popular answers were having more variety, having more P.E. and having more/better equipment.
- Spikeball, Gaelic Football, Athletics and Karate were the most popular suggestions of what new sporting activity boys would like to try.
- 86% of students were aware that our school had an Active School Flag.